Rollerball pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

What is the best place to get rollerball pen kits that are good for a newbie like me to try. I have tried slimline and designer pen kits but now want to move on... i normally get pen kit from pennstateind... but i am just wondering if there is better places to get them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There are others

There are a number of other places to get rollerball kits....not necessarily any better. Most of us have favorite places where we buy our kits but my experience is go where you're comfortable with the price and service.

alphageek

Former Moderator
OK.. 3 things:

1) WELCOME to the IAP!!
2) There is several GREAT vendors here... Some are very active in the forum, some poke in from time to time. Check out most of them on our Vendor links section ( http://www.penturners.org/links/browselinks.php?c=3 )
3) I checked out your site... very nice and i'd LOVE to see more from you.. Any chance you could share more about your sons CNC project??

Dean

Boz

+1 on Exotic blanks. You may want to check out thier pen refills. They have a German roller ball refill for the Parker style that writes fantastic. That way you can do a Sierra or a Vertex or any other pen that uses a Parker refill and get the roller ball feel and quality.

toyotaman

I just went to the exotics web site and they do have alot of nice items. I saved it in my favorites and will probally try their products.

LeeR

I've ordered twice from exoticblanks.com, and I am pleased with the upgrade refills, an option on all the kits I've bought. You still get the standard refill too, so be prepared to give away the standard ones! I had tended to shy away from pens with Cross-style refills, not being a fan of the way they write. The upgrade Cross-style refills I've bought from exoticblanks.com are quite nice to write with.

Great prices and service -- but I've also had good luck with a number of vendors. So so do a lot of browsing and decide what looks appealing to you, and go for it.

Lately I have been ordering more from Lau Lau Woodworks, I really like his Gold-Tn Elegant Beauties (Aeros) and am trying out Stretch and Long Click kits plus his Gold-Tn slimlines. He is in Hawaii, but you wouldn't know it from the speed that he gets orders out. He's faster than PSI which is just right up in Philly from me. I have had good success with Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods and Exotic Blanks. I still order the Gold-Tn Elegant Beauties from Berea since they are a good price. I order Executives from PSI and wish that they would offer a Gold-Tn version (without the stupid 'Tn' stamped clip that they have on other kits).

Top Bottom