Roller ball that takes fountain pen ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

apple320

Just got this one off the lathe this afternoon.
It takes ink like a regular fountain pen in a converter.

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Your work is so inspirational to me!!! I wish i could be a fly on the wall of your shop for just a day or two! That is so innovative. I am speachless. AMAZING WORK!

workinforwood

I like your collar section. I was looking at those but was not crazy about the plasic nib and now that I see it on yours I don't care for it still. Is it possible to get rid of all that plastic like basically to just part it all right down to go inside a home made metal section that would look more like a traditional rollerball pen?

chriselle

I like your collar section. I was looking at those but was not crazy about the plasic nib and now that I see it on yours I don't care for it still. Is it possible to get rid of all that plastic like basically to just part it all right down to go inside a home made metal section that would look more like a traditional rollerball pen?

+1 If the nib was metal it would be cherry! Nice front section BTW.

apple320

So a metal section not a plastic one like I made or are you talking about the nose cone that still shows on mine? Just trying to understand lol.

Chris

cnirenberg

Chris,
Very cool. I love your shop set up as well. Too bad I don't live in Upstate NY anymore, I would take a road trip and say "Hi". Is the light in back of your 7x12 mounted to the table or is it a magnetic base? Just wondering, I need to see what I am doing.....

workinforwood

So a metal section not a plastic one like I made or are you talking about the nose cone that still shows on mine? Just trying to understand lol.

Chris

I'm talking about the nose cone, not your collar you made. The collar idea is fine, but it makes for a bulky pen like a Churchill style which I personally don't care for. I would prefer just the feed and the nib tip and make the entire section out of metal like a JR Gent type ball point pen would be, but with a converter..that's would be a great option.

apple320

Chris,
Very cool. I love your shop set up as well. Too bad I don't live in Upstate NY anymore, I would take a road trip and say "Hi". Is the light in back of your 7x12 mounted to the table or is it a magnetic base? Just wondering, I need to see what I am doing.....

It was an old Ikea clip on that I took apart and mounted it into the small control box behind the lathe. I had to drill a couple holes, one for the wire and the second to screw in the neck of the light but it seemed to work good. If I was buying a light I would get one like I have by the small buffing lathe and mount over the lathe as then I could work without my glasses on.

Chris

apple320

Laths

WOWZA! Exactly how many lathes do you have? That is a NICE SHOP!

Only 5. My Taig does not have a stand yet. I would like to get one more of the green bench lathe and set it up as a full time taper and chuck work lathe only. If it comes on sale next spring I will grab it. The South Bend is a 1941 and the rest were bought new.

Chris

RAdams

Banned
my shop has shop envy!

Amazing stuff! And you are a master in that shop! Your work is off the chain!

Mark

Beautiful work. Very nice.. You must have one of those robot vacuums for your shop. I don't see any dust/dirt at all....

Last edited:
Top Bottom