Roller Ball Problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fshenkin94

I have purchased several rollerball pen kits from Woodcraft. I have had 3 of them break where the plastic tip fits into the top. Has anyone else experienced this problem? These kits run about $10-12 so they aren't real cheap, but if this is going to be a problem I guess I'll have to move up to a better kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jerryconn

Are you speaking of the Churchill or the ElGrande? I have made several of each and have had no problems to date. But I seem to recall someone posting about breakage, if you haven't as of yet you may to search past postings.

Woodlvr

I purchased one dozen Navogator (Baron) kits from WC and 4 of them have had bad rollerballs in them, the manager acts like its no big deal so why am I bringing it up. Good luck.

Mike

Brewmeister35

I'll tell you what you SHOULD do. Find someone else to buy your kits from! My local woodcraft bends over backwards for me even to the point of being ridiculously giving (if there is such a thing [:D]). Serious though, too many of the dealers are way too friendly to deal with buying bad kits. They should have swapped them no questions asked. Most dealers would send you free ones in a heartbeat.

redfishsc

WC kits come with Hauser refills, which is one step up from trying to write with a piece of rebar.

I toss out the Hausers (literally) and put in the inexpensive but reliable Pilot G2.

gerryr

Save yourself a lot of money and buy from AZ Silhouette or Beartooth Woods. They both sell Berea kits with better platings for less money than Woodcraft. And, you get great customer service from either of them.

IPD_Mrs

We have a local WC and they seem to really care less if you are in the store unless you are buying a Powermatic table saw. We go into Rockler and there are at least 4 employees that call us by name. They go out of their way and the demo folks are great (wink Bill B). Also we get all kinds of deals from them in the mail and via email all of the time. Right now I have a 35% off one item coupon that makes a large afzelia burl block a great deal. [:p] I know not all of the WC and Rockler stores are this way but our local store has sure earned my business.

Woodlvr

The only reason that i purchased from WC was that I was an employee and received a discount-but not anymore so BB gets my business now.[:D]

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom