Rockler Manhattan versus Woodcraft Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

On the face of it, they look similar. However, Woodcraft's WS IIs are made by Berea and I'd be willing to bet your next paycheck :biggrin: that Rockler sources their's elsewhere. Soooo, they will likely, IMHO, not have completely interchangeable parts.

its_virgil

What am I missing? Why would interchangeable parts be an issue?just wondering? I have purchased Berea kits from Rockler as well as PSI.do a good turn daily! But! Not in several yrs.
Don

Can anyone confirm that these are identical kits, meaning the parts can be interchanged?

Thanks!

ofd8001

Well. . .

As is my usual case, it's a convoluted story.

I saw where Rockler's were about $3 cheaper, so I ordered a batch. I had been using Woodcraft. Had some leftover tubes so I made up some blanks and got them turned.

I was hoping that the turned blanks would "work" with the Rockler when they arrived, but they don't appear to. The clip part seems to go in, but not on the nib end.

its_virgil

The tube sizes are the same. Sierra is 27/64 and according to Rocklerthe manhattan's tube is also 27/64
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Ps: most of woodcraft's kits are Berea kits and are available for less $$$$$ elsewhere.

Well. . .

As is my usual case, it's a convoluted story.

I saw where Rockler's were about $3 cheaper, so I ordered a batch. I had been using Woodcraft. Had some leftover tubes so I made up some blanks and got them turned.

I was hoping that the turned blanks would "work" with the Rockler when they arrived, but they don't appear to. The clip part seems to go in, but not on the nib end.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Along with Berea (who makes pens in their own Taiwan factory), there are several other Chinese and Taiwanese manufacturers making a pen called the sierra and looking very similar. However, I have not seen any of them that are an exact fit with Berea's model.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dan,
The tube to clip fit can be made to work. The transmission threads and the size of the threaded "male" are different. This cannot be resolved in any method I know.

The "non-Berea" sierras transmissions are also not uniform, with each other.

ofd8001

On closer inspection, I found that the threads for the transmissions are different. One is a finer thread than the other.

Thanks for everyone's wisdom!

Top Bottom