Robusto with flutes and turquoise inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

drferry

Robusto in African blackwood with 8 flutes in the upper and lower blanks, cut with a 1/16" round-tipped router bit using my Revo Craftmaster Legacy Mill, and then filled with turquoise granules, sealed with CA. The blanks were then transferred to my lathe for more shaping. Finished with brushed-on lacquer.

20074171361_Robusto%2025.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

Wow- that's a great pen!!! Everyone seems to be using their Legacy Mills to make the neatest things. Maybe it's time to think about buying one...

jttheclockman

Great looking pen. Question for you. I have heard about these milss can you tell us more about yours and where can you get one and what size do you have.

drferry

Originally posted by jttheclockman
<br />Great looking pen. Question for you. I have heard about these milss can you tell us more about yours and where can you get one and what size do you have.

The Legacy Mill can be purchased directly from their web site at http://legacywoodworking.com. I bought the Revo Craft Master, which comes with the .25 reduction gear set for doing small twists. It also comes with a standard pen mandrel. I also bought the recommended Porter Cable router and various router bits from Magnate, who advertsies on their site. I sprung for the standard gear set, which allows larger twists on such things as candlesticks. They have demos for doing pens on their site, as well.

One thing I found that was interesting is the thing arrived in 6 boxes (some assembly required!) but there was not one word of printed instructions, just 4 DVDs that covered assembly and techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom