Road Trip to Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm going on vacation next week to Petoskey Michigan. I plan on doing some sight seeing. Is there a must do while i'm up there? I plan on seeing the Mackinaw Bridge and doing some fishing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Petoskey is a great place to vacation. The lake is beautiful there. Be sure to find one of the beaches. And while you are on the beach, search out "Petoskey stones" (petrified ancient coral). Downtown Petoskey is a mix of "art" stores, clothing, unique places (like a winery tasting room), and some real good places to eat. Take a drive on the shoreline road to Harbor Springs. Visit the Victorian "summer cottages" that money from Chicago & Detroit built last century. Some are awesome. And be sure to catch a sunset on a beach.
Oh - since you are going to the bridge, eat fudge in Mackinaw City

Last edited:

alankulwicki7

Take the ferry to Mackinac Island. It's a great little place with lots of shops and restaurants. And check out the fudge shops. My kids loved trying all of them and we thought JoAnn's Fudge was the best (but your taste buds may differ :biggrin:)!

The other place we loved (but is a little drive from Mackinac) was this place:
Big Spring, Kitch-iti-kipi,Upper Peninsula of Michigan

The glass bottom boat trip was spectacular!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm a sucker for Fudge :) And I will definitely check out a sunset or two. It's a little over 600 miles for me, but I'm looking forward to hitting the open road.

eharri446

You need to live in Georgia, they (Waffle House) are all over the place. There are two within a 5 mile radius of my house, and one within walking distance of where I work.

Top Bottom