Rizheng magnet kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodguy95

Woodguy95

As some of you know I've bought a few kits from Rizheng ( a chineese pen kits supplier. So I've made this telescopic magnet out of bocote. Let me know what you think of it.

Attachments

• IMG_9639.jpg
    IMG_9639.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_9638.jpg
    IMG_9638.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Looks like you did a good job on that !! . What do *you* think about the quality of the kit components ?

Woodguy95

It looks of decent enough quality. Though the instructions mention that it is a 10mm pen tube but it's a 27/64" tube. Also in the instructions it's supposed to be a 2 tubes kit but it's only one piece.
There is a small gap at the front of the magnet where the pen tube meets the kit. Though it doesn't look wrong or anything. I think the magnet part was designed for a 10mm tube and the finials were designed for a 27/64" pen tube

magpens

It looks of decent enough quality. Though the instructions mention that it is a 10mm pen tube but it's a 27/64" tube. Also in the instructions it's supposed to be a 2 tubes kit but it's only one piece.
There is a small gap at the front of the magnet where the pen tube meets the kit. Though it doesn't look wrong or anything. I think the magnet part was designed for a 10mm tube and the finials were designed for a 27/64" pen tube

No refllection on you, but based on those remarks, I wouldn't buy the kit. The least they can do is supply a matching set of parts and get the basics of the instructions correct. I had some dealings with Rizheng 4 years ago and I had the same complaints at that time about their instructions.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

No refllection on you, but based on those remarks, I wouldn't buy the kit. The least they can do is supply a matching set of parts and get the basics of the instructions correct. I had some dealings with Rizheng 4 years ago and I had the same complaints at that time about their instructions.
Unless they've recently changed, Rizheng does not develop their own instructions for kits. Most of their kits are clones and they copy instructions. If the kit was developed for someone by modifying an existing kit from someone else they probably won't have the instructions for the modified kit but they might well market it.

Top Bottom