Ring turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm about 3 weeks in and I highly recommend it.

I have also found you can just purchase flat rings and add the wood yourself, as I have done below. I've thought about doing an explainer on my method for making these, but here's a couple examples.
IMG_20190718_000701097.jpg
IMG_20190724_162048153.jpg

The wider ring with a metal core is African Blackwood, Padauk & Purpleheart.
The thinner ring with a metal core is African Blackwood & Rosewood.
The wood ring is African Blackwood, Rosewood & Maple.

Finished with CA glue.

Craft supplies is a good place to start. They have the supplies and at least one video tutorial on their website. I've never bought any special tools for rings as the few rings I have made are from Corian and don't require a core or any special tools to make.

Created a simple chart of high visibility ring suppliers. Haven't done any rings, so you guys should offer suggestions to keep or update it with additional info.

Last edited:
Looking for more ideas regarding your needs or wants for Ring making information.

This will help me to gather additional material.

Rings made from veneer, not so much turning, but a great way to get into making rings.

Go to You Tube and search "making wood veneer rings" Here are some examples.

Warning, this can easily become a "bad habit"

Good thread. Aside from ring supplies finishing comes into play. I spend a lot time cleaning, polishing the cores (chisel scratches & glue removal). I needed polishing equipment along with cores & blanks, Have only been dealing with CSUAS for cores, blanks, mandrels. Polishing supplies from https://www.riogrande.com

NEW RING TURNERS..... quit now or get a part time job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom