Ring Dishes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jeffj13

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffj13

Here are a couple of ring dishes I made for Christmas Presents. They are both maple, but one is highly figured.

ring%20dish.jpg

maple%20ring%20dish.jpg

jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Hi Jeff,
What wood are the posts? One problem I have with this type of bowl, is that most people only have one size ring and they usually sit atop the post. I could put mine at the bottom, with my wife's at the top, but I only have one ring that I don't wear all of the time. I like your ring dish though.

BTW, regarding your tag line, I know Him too.
Merry Christmas,
Rob

jeffj13

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Hi Jeff,
What wood are the posts? One problem I have with this type of bowl, is that most people only have one size ring and they usually sit atop the post. I could put mine at the bottom, with my wife's at the top, but I only have one ring that I don't wear all of the time. I like your ring dish though.

BTW, regarding your tag line, I know Him too.
Merry Christmas,
Rob

Thanks Rob,

Frankly, I don't know what type of wood the posts are. They were unlabeled pen blanks that I got in a box of blanks from Chitswood.

With respect to the rings, I used my daughter's rings to measure the post. I think that most women now wear rings on different fingers (including thumbs), so their rings are different sizes. I was able to put three of my daughter's rings on the post and they rested in different places.

I hope you have a blessed Christmas.

jeff

jeffj13

The figured dish is 6.25" in diameter and 1.25" tall. The post sticks up another 1.5" above that. The other dish has the same height (both dish and post), but is about 7.5" in diameter. fwiw, I like the small diameter dish better as I think it will fit better on a dresser.

One more thing. The post itself is about 2" tall. However, it starts below the lip of the dish. That is, I remove about 1.2" of material in the center of the dish before I attach the post. (Hope I explained that well).

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom