Rikon Tech Support

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dow

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. if it's not, the would a moderator please put it where it belongs? Thanks.

Thought I'd report on my experience with Rikon's tech support:

Father's day weekend, I got the 70-100 Rikon lathe (woo hoo). A week later, after building a stand for it, I finally got it set up and started using it. shortly therafter, I broke the lock arm on the banjo. Here is my email to Rikon:

-----------------------------------
Hello,

I have a new Rikon 70-100 lathe, serial number blah-blah-blah, which I bought on June 20th, and I need a replacement "Lock Arm," #70-100-47. Being new to lathes and woodturning, and coming from an oil field background, it didn't occur to me that the lock arm didn't need to be super-tight, and I think that I messed up the teeth inside the arm that allow you to rotate the arm orientation on the spring-loaded screw.

While I haven't removed the lock arm to verify that this, indeed the problem, it certainly acts like it. After using the lock arm a few times, I find that I have to really push IN on it to tighten it down, otherwise it slips.

I'd appreciate any advice that you could offer.

Thanks,

Dow Mathis
Boerne, TX
-----------------------------------

FOUR MINUTES LATER, I received this email:
------------------------------
Please provide us mailing info so that I can send you a new one.

Al Goldstein
Director of Sales

RIKON Power Tools
110 Cummings Park
Woburn, MA. 01801
877-884-5167
------------------------------

If that doesn't qualify as five-star service, I don't know what does. Thanks, Rikon!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

I've heard great things about Rikon's customer service. Almost enough to buy it over the Jet if they hadn't had a 30% off sale! Another great example.

louisbry

I have a similar experience when a part broke on my bandsaw after it was out of warrantee. All they asked was "Is your address on file still correct" and then said it will go out today. (no charge)

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
And that is the reason I own almost all Rikon in my shop. Their customer service is A1+ as far as I have always been concerned, their tools are top notch as well.

pensbydesign

we had sold a rikon 18 " bandsaw to a customer who droped it down the stairs while putting it in his shop. knowing what happend they still replaced the damaged parts for free.

bgibb42

That's fantastic. I also own the Rikon lathe and it's reassuring to hear that they have such great customer service.

DJS588

Rikon customer Service

I have had an interesting experience with Rikon. I own a 13" bench Top Drill press (Mod.# 30-120). a great product. but I was having some difficulty with the feed handle. My right hand is a bit uncooperative. So I emailed tech Support at Rikon, to see if the handle for the 34" Radial Drill press would fit. And if so, could I purchase one.
I received an email from Mr Rod Burrow, VP Tech Support/Customer Service, who told me the handle would fit. Mr. Burrow, then told me he was sending one to me, and I would not/could not be charged for it.
Mr. Burrow and Rikon are OUTSTANDING!!!

Top Bottom