Rifle Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Jeff,
I have just purchased some from CSUSA and Hut and they are good, but if it matters to you look at the different styles of rifle clips that are shown in the SOYP gallery. One looks like a rifle but the other one looks like a carbine rifle or m-16 (to me anyway) the latter looks sharper to me. Just thought that I would mention this as I am looking for the supplier myself.

Mike

tnick

You can email Wood-N-Whimsies for a quote on the Penn State Rifle Clips

woodnwhimsies@woodnwhimsies.com

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If anyone finds them in chrome, I'd like the source. I ordered a chrome plating kit from Caswell to try and replate the gold ones but so far no luck. The chrome does not want to take to the gold even after buffing with red rouge. I'm gonna give it one more try this weekend.

TAld

Original post by Monty

If anyone finds them in chrome, I'd like the source. I ordered a chrome plating kit from Caswell to try and replate the gold ones but so far no luck. The chrome does not want to take to the gold even after buffing with red rouge. I'm gonna give it one more try this weekend[/quote

Monty- I just use my Beall buffing system and buff them w/tripoli until I remove the gold (front/back and sides) and wala! chrome!! You don't need the Beall systerm any buffing will work. Took about 30 sec. per side. Finish with a rouge for no scratch shine.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Monty
<br />If anyone finds them in chrome, I'd like the source. I ordered a chrome plating kit from Caswell to try and replate the gold ones but so far no luck. The chrome does not want to take to the gold even after buffing with red rouge. I'm gonna give it one more try this weekend.

Isn't plating an electical process? Should stick OK.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />What Stan said. The plating on these things is terrible, that's why I quit using them.

I have had a few where the gold wore off quicly. Others are holding up fine. My experience with the cross clips is that they wear quite well. I'm presuming the plating is the same. Any dissatisfaction, let CS know, they will replace.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by TAld
<br />Original post by Monty

If anyone finds them in chrome, I'd like the source. I ordered a chrome plating kit from Caswell to try and replate the gold ones but so far no luck. The chrome does not want to take to the gold even after buffing with red rouge. I'm gonna give it one more try this weekend[/quote

Monty- I just use my Beall buffing system and buff them w/tripoli until I remove the gold (front/back and sides) and wala! chrome!! You don't need the Beall systerm any buffing will work. Took about 30 sec. per side. Finish with a rouge for no scratch shine.

I've tried white diamond and red rouge and can't get all the gold off, esp in the cracks and crevaces.

Rifleman1776

I did what any good agitator is supposed to do. [}:)] I e-mailed Eric at CS about this thread. He said the level of demand, for specialty clips, is not high enough to justify making them in Tn. He did state that they are 10K, not 24K as I had thought. 10K plating is not bad, just not as good as Tn.

TAld

Guts- I powder coat all of my rifle clips and finials with clear glossy (95%) and of course the casing and bullet. So far it seems to hold up well and is extremely good at resisting scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom