Rifle clip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Anyone ever find a rifle clip that would fit the cigar pens? I think I open my big mouth to quick and told a friend I could make him one, but now I can't find the stupid clip anywhere. Guess I'm SOL, hey? :(

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

I found these but I'm not sure if they will work or not , go have a look see , they're about 1/2 way down the page .

http://penmakingsupplies.com/Pens/Designer.php

WoodChucker

Thanks Doug, it looks to me like there for 7mm pens, the cigar pens is 10mm, so I doubt it would work, anyone know for sure? Thanks anyway! [:)]

R.T.

Randy_

Craft Supply USA @ www.woodturnerscatalog.com has a rifle clip that will fit the "EUROPEAN" pens. These are bigger than the 7mm pens; but I don't know if they will fit the cigar pens. Email Craft Supply and see what they say. The clips are only $1.75....wouldn't be much of an investment to buy one and try it???

G

measure the Dia of the top of a Euro pen.
The thread that holds the cigar is a pretty good size Dia.

WoodChucker

Thanks guys, yeah I have a Euro rifle clip. And Eaglesc is right, not only is the cigar clip bigger but the hole is much to small on the Euro. If the OD of the clip was the same I'd try to drill it out, but it's just to small. Oh well, I'll just call him and let him know I screwed up and see if he wants it done with a regular clip. It was for a Antler type pen, so I understand why he wanted the rifle clip. Anyway, thanks for the help and input, appreciate it!

R.T.

Randy_

How much money is your client willing to cut loose of?? Bet you could get a jeweler to solder the rifle part of the clip to the original clip of the cigar pen!!

Rifleman1776

Even then the top barrel for the European has to be turned fairly slim for the rifle clip to work. It is engineered somewhat differently than the regular Euro clips.

Originally posted by Randy.
<br />Craft Supply USA @ www.woodturnerscatalog.com has a rifle clip that will fit the "EUROPEAN" pens. These are bigger than the 7mm pens; but I don't know if they will fit the cigar pens. Email Craft Supply and see what they say. The clips are only $1.75....wouldn't be much of an investment to buy one and try it???

G

You can get finial studs At craft supplies.
I believe you could turn a "dowel" to fit in the tube for the cigar and tap it for the threads for the stud.Epoxy it in.
Make your own finial and use the Euro clip.Antler finial would look nice.
You'll need a stud mandrel.
Charge him big time,after all you are doing custom work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom