Ridgid bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

About a year ago i bought a ridgid 14" bandsaw from home depot. Has been a great saw that i would recommend to anyone.Very sturdy and has the lifetime warranty. Well was in home depot today and that same saw is now on sale for $184! I paid $364 and am still happy with that price. So if you are lookig for a bandsaw , here you go_Of course they also reduced my granite top table saw i bought on sale for $499 to $299 a few weeks ago. Guess next time i wait longer to buy. Now if they would just reduce that ridgid planer i been lookin at.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I agree with you Hugo. The granite table saws were sold at my local HD for $159.00 and one person bought the last three. :mad: I would have purchased one just to upgrade my 4 yr old Ridgid tablesaw. Maybe they are clearing out the displays for the new models coming out in March? I talked to my friend the dept. manager and asked him to watch for one to go down and call me if the price was lowered. The Ridgid reps removed all of the Ridgid and Dewalt drill and saw sets from display without adding any new ones and no one can find them, nor do they know if they will discount them. I need a new set.

sparhawk

I asked one of the guys working there what the deal was and he said he thought they were coming out with some new models. I can see that with the bandsaw, its been the same forever. But the table saw hasn't been out that long. We'll see.

Woodlvr

the dep't manager at HD told me that he saw a memo that stated that they would be selling off floor stock in some of the stores that were deemed to be more of a store for do-it-yourselfers and that do not have a large enough contractor sales base to justify carrying the products. Makes sense to me in one way but contractors that I know do not carry bandsaws and full size table saws with them.

jocat54

I keep going in all the Home Depot's around here and asking about this price and they all just look at me like i have lost my mind. Even showed some of them a scan of a receipt from Georgia. I'll keep trying though.

PenMan1

Two of the local Georgia HD stores had them at $184.50. All the rest at $369. I was fortunate enough to get one for $150 (it had some parts missing). I have spent every night this week "tuning and tweaking" this saw. I hope to have a pictorial tutorial on the this site next week. Using Lonnie Bird's methods, I have got this saw humming with no vibration and have made some low cost cabinet upgrades among other "tune up" things. I have $400 in the saw now an it works great!

mtgrizzly52

I just got back from the Kalispell, MT HD and was basically called a liar when I asked about the reduction of the Rigid Bandsaw. The tool dept mgr is an_ _ _ _ _ le anyway and it takes a lot for me to go into any HD, let alone the one closest to home. I really wished Lowe's would start selling the Rigid brand, and I really love their tools.

When I asked if I could bring in a receipt from another store to prove my point, he told me that it would be an counterfeit receipt anyway, so he didn't have to honor anything that didn't come out of his store.

I won't be back to HD in Kalispell anytime in the near future as I told the Store Manager.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Top Bottom