Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from longbeard

longbeard

Revolver pen dressed in carbon fiber

PSX_20170101_214450.jpg

Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Hmmm ... I was thinking a few weeks ago when they introduced that new pen that it might look good in ivory or abalone ... :)

I gotta say, the tactical look is just a tiny bit off, in my opinion ... needs more of an old world look to match the time scale of the revolver. Desert ironwood, distressed maple or hickory, aged ivory ... something with a story to go with the old fashioned look of the pen's design.

Beyond that, the fit and finish look good, my personal feelings about the choice of blank notwithstanding. Nice job! :)

mecompco

I've got two of the kits. I also have a 10mm black carbon fiber blank and was toying with this very idea. I really like anachronisms like this--old timey revolver with high tech materials.

I did also buy an alternate Ivory blank that I think will look good on one of these.

My vote is two thumbs up!

Regards,
Michael

bpgoldo

Harry, I think you made some excellent choices on materials, profile, and finish that makes this new pen style look less "mis-matched". I always appreciate seeing a true craftsman do his magic.

MTViper

I ordered these as soon as they were in stock but didn't get to turn them for a week. I got the starter set with all 4 platings, drill bit, and bushings.

From left to right they are Chrome/Brazilian Cherry, Gun Metal/Walnut, Brass/Thuya Burl, and Pewter/Mesquite.

They are quite a novelty. Every guy who's seen them has smiled and worked the action a few times.

Steve

Attachments

• Revolver01.jpg
    Revolver01.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 176
Top Bottom