Revised Snake + CE Barons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from clthayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

clthayer

Here is my revised snake. If you missed the first one take a look at this thread

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21406

2007128122240_100_2209.jpg

Sorry about the beads, krugers latest post made me do it:)

I am leaning towards the first lower half now. I don't think this new one goes well.

Anyway here are some of my closed end barons

2007128122522_100_2162.jpg

My very first done in honey locust.

2007128122644_100_2217.jpg

This was #5, brown maple burl that a friend gave me. This was one of my early rollerballs that I took apart and remade.

200712812343_100_2222x.jpg

My latest, black ti FP in birds eye maple.

Comments are appreciated and tell me which snake pen you like better.
Thanks
Christian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I prefer the other snake. The birds eye maple on the pen here is a nice piece of wood. And I really like the first closed end baron. It seems like usually people make the clsoed end ones like your second one- don't think I've ever seen one with a pointed type end like this- very unique.

LEAP

You got me on the snake pens I like the shape of the first but the wood on the second. There is just no pleasing some people. great job either way. The Barons look great the first one looks a bit like a belaying pin. I have to say the black ti and birds eye is my favorite.

clthayer

JC, it's not too bad to write with. Fits kinda nice in the hand. I have small hands too.

You don't see too many pointed closed ends, Mikey I thought the same thing-carrot. Acutally it was a miss drill and I thought I would be seeing brass before I got rid of the flat spot out towards the pointed end.

The birds eye is pretty peppered and it has big eyes.
Thanks for the feedback
Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom