Reversed the Urchin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

I turned the urchin upside down on this one relative to the previous one. I think it looks good and doesn't show the sway of the saddle so bad. I also cut a long 1/4" tenon on the finial cap that goes all the way through the urchin, this is similar to the 1/4 dowel that was suggested by traderdon55. This allowed me to have something to glue the icicle onto and not have to worry about it lining up with the finial cap.

This one is pink with plum wood. The plum has some pinkish veining running through it, thought it would be a good match. As with the previous the finish is CA as a primer/sealer then a coat of Deft gloss lacquer over the entire ornament. The complete ornament is about 4.5" with a diameter of 1-7/8". The urchin is only about 7/8" thick same as the previous.

ORN009.jpg

C&C welcomed.

Last edited:

Splinter

Looking good JD. Much improved look.:good:

Does it change or improve the looks of the urchin to spray it with Deft Lacquer?

I have been reluctant to spray mine. I have been brushing it on the finials with a small artist brush. It would be quicker/easier to spray the whole thing.

Top Bottom