Returning after 2 year absence .... Greetings to everyone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Just thought I'd re-introduce myself ... from near Vancouver, Canada. Returning to the website for some tips and camaraderie and perhaps to share a little. Haven't been here much for the last couple of years.

Until now I have turned all of my pens (several hundred) on a metal-working lathe, mainly turning between centers. Recently I have been trying to acquire the necessary skills for using a wood-turning lathe. Making some progress using a spindle gouge but success with the skew has so far eluded me ! My thinking is that using wood-turning techniques is a bit faster to turn a pen and leaves the blank in an almost finished state assuming the necessary skill level.

Will post a few phots of my work in due course.

Anyway, looking forward to sharing and communicating with many here.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day Mal...!

Yes, has been a while...!

On IAP, 2 years is a long time and, lots of "things" have happened since so, you may be a little surprised with some changes you will see.

There have been lots of contests/competitions with great prizes, there has been also a big "explosion" of new pen kits available and a tendency my many members to do kitless pens, some of the work done/seen is just outstanding, to say the least...!

Lots of new faces/members, IAP reputation for a friendly bunch, and very helpful is going strong and healthy...!:biggrin:

Welcome back to this family and good luck caching up with everything...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom