Retro 7 Seas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

I call the blank 7 Seas because I used 7 different colors making the blank. While I like this blank, I still don't think I've captured the feel of the ocean. The pen isn't as "Sparkley" (is that a word?) as the pictures show. I'm just to lazy to set up my light tent.

The kit is a Rodium Jr. Retro. It has a gold look in the 2nd picture, but the only gold is the ring at the center band.

C&C welcome.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Seven Seas Retro 1.jpg
    Seven Seas Retro 1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 682
  • Seven Seas Retro 2.jpg
    Seven Seas Retro 2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Thanks for the comments. It really isn't all that hard to pour. I just play musical cups.:wink:

Love that color. And the custom finial looks great. Very nice pen.
I have never done 1 of these kits without a custom finial. I don't even know why they include the finial. It just begs to be customized. Besides the gold dome would have looked really ugly with this blank. If I could have removed the gold ring, I would have.

SDB777

Hmmmm......might have to 'sneak one of these', you wouldn't mind:rolleyes:

I might need to make this blank my first kitless fountain....Of course, I'd let you see it(maybe):biggrin:

Nicely done!!!!

Scott (got all my taps/dies) B

Dustygoose

Bob, The colors remind me of where the Gulf's different waters meet. Goes from brown to green to blue. I have seen such swirls when I worked offshore.

Quite a very nice job!!!

Hendu3270

I have never done 1 of these kits without a custom finial. I don't even know why they include the finial. It just begs to be customized.

EXACTLY!!! A custom finial really sets it apart. Very well done Sir! And I think you've captured the ocean quite well.

Top Bottom