Retiring/Relocating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Well it is time to hang up the anchors for good this time. Had served in the Navy for 28 years and since retiring, have been a navy civilian since then. Started my career in 1969, so I guess it's time to go home. We have our place here in Fallon, Nv. on the market and soon will be searching for a house in Yuma, Az. I did not realize just how much stuff I had accumulated over the years. Have spent the last month going through stuff just in my garage, getting rid of things I didn't even know I still owned. Packing up tools in large wood boxes is not fun and thank God for wheels, otherwise I would not be able to move them. Haven't even started breaking down the machines yet, but that will not be a big deal, they only go down so far. I just hope I can find a decent place in Yuma where I can set up shop again.

My awesome wife is heartbroken about leaving our home here, she has put her heart and soul into making this home a show place that anyone would be proud to own and we are. But as things happen, my health has taken a slight turn and I need to get her back home where she can be close to family should things get worse. We will make another house a show place, that's just how we are.

I don't know if there are any fellow pen turners in Yuma, if so I would be honored to meet you, this has been an awesome hobby and I plan on keeping busy making pens and other wooden projects, maybe now I will have more time to spend making sawdust, that is after I get a shop up and running. Until then, I will be packing and hopefully getting this place sold (we do have an offer which we did accept, hope that goes well) and of course getting moved and finding a place in Yuma. I place my self in the hands of God and let him guide me through it all.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

Best of luck.

We just sold and moved into a rental home, I had the shop up in running in 3 hrs.

But I cheated and took my work bench as a solid piece. The only tips I have is label everything, and if you can pack them in groups, chucks and tools together, blanks in other boxes, and kits in another. That way you only need to unpack the chucks and tools. Also group all your vacuum stuff together, so you can get that up and running without having to look for everything.

We are moving again in 4 months after our house is built, so I'll be doing it all over again. I feel your pain. Packing takes longer than unpacking, if you pack correctly.

magpens

Good luck with your move.

I hope you make some good friends in your new location.

You can always come here to chat !

Woodchipper

Stopped in Yuma many years ago for gas and to eat. Fellow at the gas station recommended a Mexican restaurant close to the station. It was an old gas station- repair bays was the dining area. They had things on the menu that we never heard of! Great food! My father and I either lived or traveled over a lot of the country.
Would loved to stop and visited the old Yuma Territorial Prison that was always mentioned in a lot of western movies.
Good luck on your move and getting adjustsed to a new place. Oh, Navy? You have moved a bit, too, I bet.

We are moving again in 4 months after our house is built, so I'll be doing it all over again. I feel your pain. Packing takes longer than unpacking, if you pack correctly.
No big deal. Robs, I figured I have had 25 addresses in almost 70 years including military. Unpacking is like Christmas morning!

Last edited:

greenacres2

Thank You for your service!! Thanks to your Wife as well, for allowing you to work on our behalf for so long.

Best wishes on your move.

Hey...maybe we should all chip in get you one of Exotic's "Thank You" pen kits and a blank so you've got something to turn when you get to Yuma!! :>)

earl

Top Bottom