Requested Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

fiferb

I wouldn't have put this together like this on my own but I think it came out ok. This was a special request by a customer. Comments appreciated.

2008313204726_Antler%20with%20Crown.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

What Dave said was my mantra when I owned my stores.
But, in this case, what we have is a unique pen. I haven't seen this idea used before. I think incorporating the use of the button with another style pen would have been better. But, even this lowly slimline is very special to it's owner. I say a "Well done" is in order.

2008313211845_thumbs%20up.jpg

J

jackrichington

very clever..odd looking because we have never seen it before..will it grow on us???

Jarheaded

I hope they don't put it in their back pocket and sit down[:0]. It is a rather unusual look, but it is what the customer wants and is PAYING for. The pen looks to be well made, just not my style.

JohnU

Hey Bruce, that turned out really nice. Any time you can leave natural texture on antler its a winner! I make a lot of antler pens but found that the slimline centers are a bit thin and over time and use, the antler has a high chance of cracking. Ive switched to comfort center bands to help reduce those chances.

fiferb

Thanks for all the comments. This guy actually sent me a picture of a similar pen someone else had made and asked if I could make one like it. Of course mine came out better.[:p] I figure the very least this will become a conversation piece for him and who knows, it may turn into more sales.

Top Bottom