Replacement Italic Nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

furini

The headmaster at my school is retiring and has asked me to make him a roller ball and a fountain pen. Problem is he wants an italic nib. I'm not quite at the custom pen making stage yet and none of the kits do italic nibs. I'm also finding it very hard to find any on the internet. Can anyone point me to a supplier of good quality italic nibs that I could use to replace the nibs in a Jnr Gent or full size Gent kit?
Many thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Pendimoium.com still offers custom nib grinding. I would PM either Anthony at Pen Works or Lou at Heritance. If one of these two don't offer these services, they can likely put you in touch with someone.

luke39uk

I'm based in the UK and a good friend of the best nib adjuster/grinder in England who is very well known on the Fountain Pen Network for his quality work. He will grind you an italic nib for you for a small fee. I have some good quality English made steel nibs that will fit your pen you are welcome to have. I can PM you the nib adjusters contact details if you wish.
I hope this helps
Bryan.

furini

Hi Bryan
That would be great. I'm off to Italy tomorrow with 54 13 year olds so won't be on the forum for a week or so but it would be very helpful to have his details.
Cheers
Stewart

Ps so happy to have a solution in England that I missed your offer of nibs! Thank you very much. I'll be in touch when I've got an answer about the type of italic bin wanted.

Last edited:

furini

Thanks for the link to the different styles, Roy. I didn't realise it was such a complex field of penmanship!

drgoretex

Another option: Brian Gray at Meisternibs.com. Has nibs to fit the kit pens, and can modify as needed.

Ken

Top Bottom