Repair Click Pens [think a P]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chuditch

These are made using what I think is the P9 kit....they are a Click Mechanism and I have used 7mm tubes. For some reason the mechanism will not work properly. can anyone assist me in repairing them: I make the following observations;

1...I am not sure whether the overall length is critical [no instructions]
2...I have checked that the smaller 'end' of the spring is at the tip end.
3....tried several spare refills.

Regards...George

Attachments

• Repair P9 Click Pens #4.jpg
    Repair P9 Click Pens #4.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 187

JD Combs Sr

For most any click pen overall length is critically to proper operation.

BTW what brand are these. I am not familiar with 7mm click pens, unless these are pencils?? If pencils the length is a little more forgiving but not much.

If these "are" 7mm click "pens" I sure would be interested in finding out where you got them. Been looking for a Slimline Click for a couple years now.

Last edited:

EdGallop41

You likely meant to say 8mm (not7mm) and tube length is very important on a click pen. In what way are they not working? If binding then there is likely an obstruction in the tube. You can take it apart and check the click before putting back together. You can lay out the parts in order, up next to each other, to measure for the tube lengths. It may be your tube under the mechanism is too short and not pushing the mech in place. I enjoy pens that don't work. They present a challenge.

thewishman

For me, most pens work better with the larger end of the spring at the tip end. Sometimes, stretching the spring out a bit helps the refill retract better.

Is the refill advancing?
Is the refill retracting?
Is it the click mechanism working?

Top Bottom