Renaissance wax

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewleeheck

Just used Renaissance wax for the first time. Loved it. Dab it on, t-shirt buff it off. Fast, easy. [8D] My questions:

1. This seems to easy and effective. Any downsides?
2. How durable is R-wax?
3. Is there something I should be applying before and/or after R-wax (following several CA steps)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated greatly!

Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

No down side that I have seen.
It is not that durable compared to the finish but is easily reapplied.
Ren wax is the last step no need to put anything else on it.

PenWorks

Wonderfull stuff. I use it alot. I would wait a day or two before you apply it to any new finish. You always want your finish to cure before applying any type of topcoat.

dubdrvrkev

I also use both but I often apply Renwax again after the pen is assembled. That cuts down on fingerprint on the metal parts. Just have to be careful not to get too much so you don't get any build up in any cracks/crevices.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
TSW main ingredients: highly-refined, white carnauba wax from Brazil; extremely long-chain (polyester-like) polymer; UV inhibitor; essence of tropical flower; essence of coconut; non-flammable softener. There are no fossil-fuel derivatives. Has been used safely on bare woods, over 25 types of finish, virtually all resin blanks, and all platings without a problem being brought to my attention. BTW, many of my distributors offer a money-back guarantee. If they don't, I do.

Dario

I think TSW is carnauba wax based.

Yes, I do use it on all surface too...but Renwax prevents leaving fingerprint and I like that. TSW does smell a lot better. [^] I am planning on trying TSW as only finish on a bare wood pen sometime just to see how it holds. Will probably use Olivewood for the trial.

Bottomline...both are good products and I never regretted buying them. [^]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Dario
<br />I think TSW is carnauba wax based.

Yes, I do use it on all surface too...but Renwax prevents leaving fingerprint and I like that. TSW does smell a lot better. [^] I am planning on trying TSW as only finish on a bare wood pen sometime just to see how it holds. Will probably use Olivewood for the trial.

Bottomline...both are good products and I never regretted buying them. [^]

Dario, I think Olive would be a good choice. I did one out of Lignum Vitae with just TSW over the bare wood, and it does have a nice feel.

gerryr

I've finished both LV and BOW with one coat of Tru Oil, buffed with White Diamond followed by TSW. The results on those two woods were great.[:D] Not exactly bare wood, but the Tru Oil helps the grain look better, I think.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I've used TSW over bare wood on olive, lignum vitae, cocobolo, Brazilian rosewood and a few others. It works best with oily woods. Remember, however, that the grain still needs to be sealed first. Otherwise, you run the risk of having the product fill the grain and create an unsightly splotchy look. For cocobolo, I seal with CA, sand it down to bare wood, then apply two coats, an hour or two apart. The pens end up with a beautiful sheen and are VERY woodlike to the touoch,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom