Rememberance Rose

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

edstreet

The movie was all black and white, except for a few short scenes, I specifically remember one with a little girl in a pink coat. Wikipedia has a screen grab of it Schindler's List - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. That scene (and one following) where a turning pint for Schindler in the movie. The blank that Toni made reminded me of the movie.

Only problem with that is there is no pink in the tube, there is however green and blue.

PeetyInMich

We can see that the blank is only green and blue on black and white. The actual color isn't what I remembered, it was a color against the B&W/gray esthetic. Not the specific color, but the use of a color placed on a palette otherwise completely devoid color. Maybe I see it as a technique (and one that appeals to me). A splash of color in an otherwise bleak landscape will draw the eye, and focus attention to the point the artist wants. The blank is incredibly beautiful to me, and resonates deeply. I don't want to come off all artsy and what not, but she created a simple piece with well chosen elements that (in my opinion) connects on a deep level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom