Refills!! Cross, Parker, Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
REFILLS!!

A couple years ago, I discovered that the Private Reserve 9000 refill made my Parker style pens write beautifully. I put a 9000 refill in one "sierra-style" pen and the "stock" refill in another and carried them both for a couple weeks. When I met other pen guys, I would ask them to compare. Nearly ALL of them recognized that the 9000 wrote more smoothly. So, at my next "craft show", I used the 9000 refills. They SOLD pens for me---I am a convert, now!! The 9000 refill is made by Schmidt and Exotics handles the one that is private labeled by Private Reserve. You can find it here: http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...tegory_id=129&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

Or, if you are purchasing pen component sets (kits) from Exotics, you can "upgrade" with the 9000 refill at a reduced price (see the listing for the kits to find this offer).

GEL

Some folks don't agree with my analysis and prefer to offer the gel type refill, Exotics also offers these , here:
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...rd=gel+refill&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

Rollerball

What about rollerballs?? Well, I can't tell one from another when I am writing. ANY Schmidt refill seems to lay down a nice line and dry quickly. So, I would say this is personal preference---our customers order the 5888 far more than any other Rollerball refill. But we stock many "flavors and colors" of refill so you can demonstrate the versatility in your booth!!

Cross-style Refills

Again, we stock fine, medium, black, blue and some other colors!! These write better than the "stock" refill and will cost you less than a buck, in most cases. Find them here:
http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...=cross+refill&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60
These are also offered for sale with the "kits" at a further reduced price--so if you are buying our components, we want you to SELL them as pens, quickly. These refills will HELP accomplish that!

So, that's the story on refills.

Also to clarify--Exotics is a consortium of IAP members who sell their blanks and other products to you, the pen makers. We represent OVER 30 IAP MEMBERS!!

With the new advertising rules NONE of those members can recommend you shop at www.exoticblanks.com
So, we will do it!!

Dawn reminds me we also stock most of these as "carded pairs", so you can resell them to YOUR customers, at the shows or on your websites.

Thanks for looking.
By the way, some are in the mail, coming to us--they will show "notify me"!! If you click on the "notify me", the software will alert you in the next couple days when we add them to inventory.

Again, thanks for looking,
Dawn & Ed
Your purchases keep Exotics growing and continuing to look for more "hand-made blanks" from IAP members---now more than THIRTY!!

Tell us about YOUR blanks, if you would like to make them for sale!!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dawn reminds me that we have a number of colors available---

When we did shows, I would load an orange pen with orange gel ink and put it where people could write with it.

Folks "scribble" instinctively when they pass a pen and pad---WAKES them UP when it comes out in a color they did not expect!!!

Good entry line: "Seemed like we should have pumpkin color for Halloween, don'tcha think??"

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We wanted to reply to the questions about refills, so we neglected to mention

FOUNTAIN PEN INK
Exotics stocks every color of Private Reserve ink in cartridges for "hand made"fountain pens,
see them here

We also have most Private Reserve colors in bottles, as well.

"Stinky inky"

Probably better to refer to it as "Aromatic ink" with your customers!! But this gives another "sense" you can appeal to when you are demonstrating your pens. The ink has a very definite aroma.
See it here:

That's tonight's update---thanks for reading!!

Dawn & Ed

Last edited:
Top Bottom