Refillable accelerator cans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gasser

Has anyone used these? Which are good? Upside and downside? Noticed one site has mild accelerator and regular accelerator.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
The difference between a mild and regular accelerator is the main ingredient in it. Most regular accelerators are acetone based, while mild may be heptane or even naphtha based. You have to look at the MSDS to determine what type you are actually getting. With that in mind, the o rings and seals that are in some sprayers will not stand up to acetone, the will become soft and deform or maybe even to the point of dissolving. Keep in mind that it is not the base that actually caused the acceterator to start hardening the CA, it's another ingredient listed on the MSDS usually in an amount of less that 5%.
Which ever refillable sprayer you are considering, you need to call the vendor and discuss your needs.
When I first started using a refillable spray can, I purchased the cheap ones from Harbor Freight for $5-$10 each. After going through about 3 or 4 because they started leaking from use with an acetone based accelerator, I looked for a better sprayer.

Last edited:

yorkie

I just ordered the 8oz sprayer for regular accelerator. Can't see why you would order it for mild, I'm guessing the regular would handle both and the mild can is no cheaper.

Any tips on using it or psi/best method for filling. Do you release the air pressure when you're finished?

Will they work with the Titebond accelerator stuff (II would guess they work with any)? I have a couple of bottles of Titebond and the pumps don't work on them after a while.

Thanks guys.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I just ordered the 8oz sprayer for regular accelerator. Can't see why you would order it for mild, I'm guessing the regular would handle both and the mild can is no cheaper.

Any tips on using it or psi/best method for filling. Do you release the air pressure when you're finished?

Will they work with the Titebond accelerator stuff (II would guess they work with any)? I have a couple of bottles of Titebond and the pumps don't work on them after a while.

Thanks guys.
Please read my post #3 above for the differences in the regular and mild accelerators. Plastic bottles and the o-rings and seals in the refillable bottles are not interchangeable.

Top Bottom