Refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

Have a problem with a sierra pen.When I assembled it I have the tip of the refill coming out to far,(I know what I did,cut tube slightly too short)Is there anyway of solving this problem.?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Plain sierra or clicker? I just put a clicker together that the click mechanism wasn't seated all the way and had to (gently) force it seated in assembly.

If it is a twist sierra you can cut the body down to 1.88 and make a click sierra out of it without using that little silver extension. Then take the tube from your click sierra kit and have another go at your twist.

I don't know if you have them there but a zebra refill is shorter than a standard refill. You will have to trim the tube shorter. The tip is also a tad thinner as well.

If your tube is really too short, you could turn a couple wooden spacer centerbands and add one to each end of the barrel, next to the current band.

Brad

I'm confused. Tube length doesn't affect how far a Sierra refill comes out. The transmission and premade nib end do. You could simply put the clip end on the other pieces and a Sierra works fine with no body at all... I've done it a couple time while needing a pen to write with in the shop.

Last edited:
The refill is controlled by the transmission and lower section of the pen - the tube length cannot affect that. Is there something stuck in the transmission or on top of the refill?

If not one of those things, it is not a Sierra.

This is true. Make sure there is nothing stuck in there. Are you using the supplied refill? If you are using a refill that was not supplied with the kit make sure it is the correct size.

Like he said "if its not this its not a Sierra".

Back
Top Bottom