refill storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

I have a few dozen pends that will likely remain unused for a long time.
Some have cross refills and some are rollerball. I'd like to remove the refills and keep them separate from the pen. First because I may get one to leaking and ruin the pen and second to help keep them from drying out.
What is the preferred method of storage?
I have a vac sealer but hesitate using that as it may draw the ink out of the refill tube. Is just a sealed bag or plastic sleeve adequate?
Thanks all.

Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

Depending on how long you are storing the ink it may be just as well to buy fresh refills when the time comes if they are dry, skipping, not working. However the shelf life varies depending on how and where you are holding them. In most cases they last quite a while.

Skie_M

Before vac sealing, do you remember those tiny little grey rubber thingies that came on the refills in the first place (well, some of them, anyways)? Where did you stick those? hmm?

My answer ... I keep a little baggie that held one of my pen parts from some random kit ... I stick those things in there in case I ever need one.

hcpens

Why don't you call on go online to one of the refill vendors and ask that question, as they would know the best way to store them.

KenV

Why bother with the stock refills that come with the pen??

I never count on them working for very long, and always add a premium refill when it goes out -- one I think writes better, and in the ink color and size or tip style that meets the users desires.

Dale Allen

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.
I did keep some of the rubber and plastic caps.
I guess since they are in blister packs hanging on the hooks in retail then that would be the way to store them. I'll put the caps on what I have and just put them in a sealed bag or tube.
Then again, maybe I'm worrying about it too much!:laugh:

Top Bottom