RedHeart Cigar Style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hey Guys,

Here is a Pen I made today it is made from RedHeart Wood, with an upgraded Premium Schmidt - Pen Ink Pump and a modified Center Band, almost everything on this Pen has been modified, I have about 10 Hours in this baby and not to blow by one horn but I think I have raised my own bar with this one, This Pen has some very Classic Lines.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• RedHeart1.jpg
    RedHeart1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 264
  • RedHeart2.jpg
    RedHeart2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 224
  • RedHeart3.jpg
    RedHeart3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Great work! But you got to be careful. Those closed end hidden clips become addictive. Next thing you know, you will want to start cutting your own threads.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! Thats a beauty! Yes, blow your own horn. You deserve it. The wood, the work, the lines are all excellent!

Attachments

• j0439239.jpg
    j0439239.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 114

timcbs

Thanks Guys, It is amazing how fast I have progressed, just 4 shorts months ago I made my first pen on my Drill Press and yes I said Drill Press and like hewunch said I now want to modify just about every part, I have been eyeing some Bakelite...

mickr

Hey gal..great pen...(I assume since you call everone guy, that it is OK to call you gal???yes??)

jttheclockman

Great job Tim. You are really moving up in this pen turning hobby. I was wondering is this a pen you will sell or is this a keeper??? If it is a keeper than maybe you can keep track of it as far as color change. There was a discussion in another post about Redheart loosing its reddish color and turning brown. Was wondering if you could give us a progress report on this maybe in a month or so if you still have it. What was the finish you put on it???

Thanks for showing.

timcbs

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sometimes we forget just good of Pen makers he Gals are, as for the Redheart changing color, the guy at the wood place told me once you cut the wood it starts to oxidize, I assumed if I put CA over the surface it would not oxidize, I will let you know if the color changes.

Top Bottom