Redheart & Cedar pinstripe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This is a pinstripe chrome navigator. I made the blank myself using redheart and thin strips of cedar I had. I used the table saw and cut 4 groves in the wood and then put my cedar strips in with glue. I have been working on this off and on for over 1 month only because I would set it aside. I know it isn't perfect, but I am happy for my first attempt. The spacing isn't even between the stripes however I think it turned well. I did have some gaps here and there when I turned it, but nothing some shavings and thin ca couldn't fix. I used 2 coats of thin ca and 8 coats med. Then did my wet mm from 1200-12000 and finished with turtle wax. The glossy shine is really nice in person. Any comments good or bad is appreciated. I tried to do something outside my comfort zone for this pen.

171159-438x.jpg
171161-438x.jpg
171162-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

I like the look. The stripes look ok from here they dont have to be perfect after all it is art and each piece is unique!!!

ToddMR

Thanks guys! Was one of those things I kept putting off because I am not sure how it would turn out lol.

phillywood

Todd, they look good to me, I think it's the perfectionist in you which held you back. Looks very nice now you can make me one and send it to me for expert holding onto and theni can give you real comment upclose an personal:biggrin:. But, overall youdid a nice job and glad you fianlly built up the nerves to finsih it. Nest one should take you a two weeks amybe then one day for the third one.

Top Bottom