Red Fruited Mallee Burl - Natural Edge Platter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Got this burl cap at the beginning of August last year and it has been haunting me with ideas:redface:.

Last week the juices flowed and I got started in earnest. Had to repair a few quite big flaws and I used Epoxy and burl dust.:biggrin:

The finished piece measures 14in x 12.5in x 2.75in high, is sealed with sanding sealer and finished with Krylon clear varnish. Got it finished on Tuesday afternoon.

C&C welcome as usual.

Thanks for looking:)

Bob.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 325
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Gday Bob !! Where's the fruit ?? Great job on the natural edge. Reminds me of a piece of antique stone pottery from old Romen times. Jim S

76winger

I think it came out really nice, reminds me I have a lot of bowl stock in the upstairs of the garage waiting for turning time.

Bob Wemm

Thank you for the feedback.

It is great when you make something and it turns out really well, makes you feel proud, and makes up for the ones that dont work so good.

Cheers
Bob.

robutacion

Thank you for the feedback.

It is great when you make something and it turns out really well, makes you feel proud, and makes up for the ones that dont work so good.

Cheers
Bob.

Yes, you are most correct Bob however, you may have to show us a pic of your hands, I wonder if I will find all 10 fingers and none with bandages...!:wink::biggrin::laugh:

They always look good like that, and the best part is, doesn't wast mych wood at all, huh...???

Cheers
George

Top Bottom