Red and white w/ gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ridgewoodworks

I wish the clicker and clip were gold but I like the color combo.
0401211334-01.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

You said "I wish the clicker and clip were gold but I like the color combo."

I agree.

That is one "problem" with that kit and some others. . It's a pity that Schmidt does not make that SKM-88 click mechanism in a variety of platings.

magpens

@KenB259

Thanks, Ken !

I am aware that Richard sells those and I have bought some. . Richard is certainly doing a service to us amateurs by selling those.
Since I don't know anybody else who sells these mechanisms in gold plate, I assume that Richard goes to the trouble of having them gold-plated.

But it irks me to first buy a pen kit, plated in gold except for that click mechanism, and then have to buy another click mech. for half the kit price.
I have done that.
I assume that is what the O.P. was getting at also. . ( Of course, I do realize that the original clicker is still useful for some other application ! )

BTW ... and you might know this ... I am not sure what grade of gold plating the above-pictured clicker has ... standard so-called 24 kT upgrade gold, or titanium gold .... it would be nice to have the latter because of the better durability.

KenB259

@KenB259

Thanks, Ken !

I am aware that Richard sells those and I have bought some. . Richard is certainly doing a service to us amateurs by selling those.
Since I don't know anybody else who sells these mechanisms in gold plate, I assume that Richard goes to the trouble of having them gold-plated.

But it irks me to first buy a pen kit, plated in gold except for that click mechanism, and then have to buy another click mech. for half the kit price.
I assume that is what the O.P. was getting at also. . ( Of course, I do realize that the original clicker is still useful for some other application ! )
I agree. One of my gripes with the popular edc duraclick.

@KenB259

Thanks, Ken !

I have done that.

BTW ... and you might know this ... I am not sure what grade of gold plating the above-pictured clicker has ... standard so-called 24 kT upgrade gold, or titanium gold .... it would be nice to have the latter because of the better durability.
I didnt know there was anyone plating them but that price is a little steep. If I had a customer request it I would certainly get it.

And I believe you assumed correctly. I like red, white, and gold just wish that it came with that color because the way its silver it kinda clunky looking. Also if the clip would be gold that would be nice. I would almost live with the click being silver with the clip being gold.

magpens

***** Thought I had a reply, but I misunderstood what you said.

I would prefer the clicker to be gold and the clip silver ..... if I could have only one or the other gold.

Top Bottom