Recent USA Members - time to get PITHed?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

UPDATE: I've already committed to an exchange with someone, but you (anyone) can initiate a PITH exchange just like this by posting to this forum. - Dave

I was surprised that there wasn't an organized PITH exchange as part of the 20th Anniversary BASH, so I decided to take an impromptu approach. For you folks that haven't experienced it yet, PITH stands for Pen In The Hat, essentially a pen swap between a couple of members. It is a fun opportunity to make a little closer connection with another IAP member. And usually, but by no means obligatory, pen blanks, kits, and other stuff often accompanies the pen. So, as the title indicates, I would love to have a pen exchange with one of the more recent IAP members that haven't had the opportunity to experience a PITH exchange.

Of course there must be conditions, so here are the three that I have for the swap:

First, I live in Nebraska, so this is only for members that live in the USA that are within reach of the US Postal Service. (I apologize to our international members, but postage to anywhere outside of the USPS is prohibitive).

Second, I would like to have the exchange completed in two to three weeks so things don't get drawn out too long.

And, Finally, since there are a lot of you, but there is only one of me, I can only do a single swap this time, so instead of setting up some kind of lottery, the exchange will be between me and the first member that replies to this thread accepting the offer.

Afterwards we can either communicate through this thread for exchanging general information or through the PM (Private Message) system for more sensitive information, like for exchanging mailing addresses. (If you haven't experienced it yet, the PM system is accessed by clicking on the "Start conversation" link at the bottom of forum posts).

I hope there is some brave new member out there that is interested because I really enjoy making closer connections and doing these swaps.

Best Regards,
Dave

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I was thinking the same thing about the Bash PITH, David. Maybe we could do an IAP Post Bash PITH after the dust settles and everyone has had a chance to breath a sigh of relief now that all their entries are done. I don't know if we have someone that is designated to run larger PITH's but I would be willing to do it if not.

egnald

I was thinking the same thing about the Bash PITH, David. Maybe we could do an IAP Post Bash PITH after the dust settles and everyone has had a chance to breath a sigh of relief now that all their entries are done. I don't know if we have someone that is designated to run larger PITH's but I would be willing to do it if not.
I don't know about the organization aspects either, but I think it is a cool idea. I always have a lot of fun making a closer connection through the PITH exchanges. I will send a PM to the admins and copy you about it. - Dave

egnald

Well, I will do the PITH you directly pending no formal exchange is setup. Or if you just want to run with it regardless and maybe participate in another if it happens.
That sounds great. I'm open to doing a PITH with you regardless of whether or not we get some kind of formal exchange arranged. Just let me know if and whenever you are ready. - Dave

egnald

Dave i would also do a pith swap with you- im in North Dakota

I love the pith swaps!
That sounds like fun, I'm an old South Dakota native, and I love the PITH swaps too. So, I accept. I will start making something just for you. I will send my mailing address through the PM system. - Dave

woodwzrd

I don't know about the organization aspects either, but I think it is a cool idea. I always have a lot of fun making a closer connection through the PITH exchanges. I will send a PM to the admins and copy you about it. - Dave
I'm already on it. I sent a message to Mike right after I replied to your thread. We'll get something going.

PenCasso

I would also like to participate, I'm not that good by the stretch of the imagination, but would enjoy someone else's fine work.

woodwzrd

I just posted the thread for the Bash PITH.

Top Bottom