Received my IBO from keithkarl2007

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

Got my IBO order from Keith during the week. Certainly not the cheapest IBO I've had, but it is definitely the best quality!!
Put a piece on this Triton and had enough left for an iPad dabber.
Finished in Hut PPP.
IMG_0712.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

That's one fine looking pen. I know the blanks are a little expensive but that's only because it is so hard on bandsaw blades and it's been drying the last 6-8 years. If you need cheaper blanks I could send you some but I couldn't tell you how dry they are or if any cracks would develop while drying.

Twissy

That's one fine looking pen. I know the blanks are a little expensive but that's only because it is so hard on bandsaw blades and it's been drying the last 6-8 years. If you need cheaper blanks I could send you some but I couldn't tell you how dry they are or if any cracks would develop while drying.

You get what you pay for Keith, and I am more than happy with what I received:) When buying the cheaper ones they have probably worked out more expensive when you take into account the ones that are not suitable for a pen.

keithkarl2007

You get what you pay for Keith, and I am more than happy with what I received:) When buying the cheaper ones they have probably worked out more expensive when you take into account the ones that are not suitable for a pen.

I am glad to hear that. If anyone has bought some that they are not happy with please return them and I will either replace them or refund you. With the open grain, it's hard to tell if there's a crack or if it is just open grain. After cutting them I plane them a little to look for very small checks. The thin shaving will stay intact if there are no cracks and if there is any the shaving will show it. The blanks are dry so they shouldn't crack anymore if there was a crack in it. Any I have sent don't have cracks but just in case one slipped past me, please let me know.

Top Bottom