Really really other thing!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from randyrls

randyrls

I am working on something a little bit larger than a pen!

It is a hardwood floor.

The new paneling and wall trim will be delivered next week!

main.php

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Very nice Randy. I have to replace a 15' long and 4' wide area because of a water problem in my basement. :frown:

MDEdwards

This is funny,
we picked up our new flooring last night, and are getting started today.
Its prefinished mahogany. First we have to move furniture and cut out the carpet.

Daniel

Ugh, been there done that but it was not the pre finished stuff. I feel for you as you get it done, but it is so nice a week or so later as you relax and look at it. my last floor is now about 7 years old and looks just like the day I installed it. long long lasting flooring.

randyrls

This is funny,
we picked up our new flooring last night, and are getting started today.
Its prefinished mahogany. First we have to move furniture and cut out the carpet.

Yep; Pulling up the carpeting and moving furniture was the worst part of the job. We have a humongous entertainment center. We had carpeting down there.

Invest in a good pair of knee-pads! Heavy duty ones with a soft pad in front are best for working on flooring. The pad doesn't scratch the floor. Some pads have a solid plastic front on them but they can scratch a hardwood floor.

Yep; Pulling up the carpeting and moving furniture was the worst part of the job. We have a humongous entertainment center. We had carpeting down there.

Invest in a good pair of knee-pads! Heavy duty ones with a soft pad in front are best for working on flooring. The pad doesn't scratch the floor. Some pads have a solid plastic front on them but they can scratch a hardwood floor.

Even with knee pads, I could hardly walk when I got my floor down in my study... only a 9x10 room, but the old knees are getting too bony and too old and stiff for much of this... :frown:

Love the floor.. doesn't match or go with the paneling.:biggrin:.. what are you putting up there?

randyrls

Love the floor.. doesn't match or go with the paneling.:biggrin:.. what are you putting up there?

Hickory paneling, just slightly lighter than the floor, and the chair-rail will get replaced with stained oak chair-rail and baseboard.

The hickory paneling will get delivered on Tuesday, so I will be busy removing the paneling and trim this weekend.

RAdams

Banned
NICE!

I am a 2nd generation flooring guy by trade. If i had a nickel for every foot...

Looks good for sure!

P.S. Anyone else doing flooring need advice or troubleshoting help or anything els, I would be more than happy to offer my knowledge. Carpet, Vinyl, Vinyl tile, Laminate, Engineered hardwood, prefinished hardwood, ceramic tile, commercial, residential... you name it!

A couple of things to think about...

If you are moving alot of big furniture, Find a local floor covering supply store and get yourself a set of 6 foot "Skids". They are plastic on one side, and soft foam on the other. Designed by a floor covering installer, they are the "industrial" version of the little corner pad slider thingies. You can move a fully loaded deep freezer with one person once it is on skids! They are $40 to $60 for a pair and you will LOVE owning them forever!

And.. For removing tack strip after the carpet and pad is gone... Ge yourself a "flat hoe" from the hardware store. It is simply a garden hoe without the bend. You can stand up and knock it all up with ease.

Top Bottom