Real Bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from louisbry

louisbry

I made these yesterday. Powder coated 30-06 casings with real bullets. I used slimline pencil finials fitted with deer antler. I hope you like. Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Bullet pens 001.jpg
    Bullet pens 001.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 386
  • Bullet pens 002.jpg
    Bullet pens 002.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Bullet pens 003.jpg
    Bullet pens 003.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 321
  • Bullet pen finials.jpg
    Bullet pen finials.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

Way to go there Louis, you can turn antler. I like the finial also. Good thought and I really like the way you carried out the thought. Did you powder the casings yourself?

snyiper

Is turning antler much different then turning wood?
Len[/quote]

Yes and no in my experience antler is very soft and gets pithy towards the center takes some CA sometimes to get the proper size. There are no shavings it is a very fine dust so wear a mask and the smell is that of burning bone or cutting bone like a butcher shop. I myself do not find it very offensive but being a plumber not a whole lot smells unbearable....LOL One of the hardest things is drilling a straight hole in a curved antler to give you pen dimensions. There are a couple great articals in our library.

BSea

I'm not a big fan of bullet pens, but yours are outstanding. I think the way you show the outside of the antler really makes the pen. But my favorite part is the finial. I can't believe nobody else mentioned that.:biggrin:

juteck

Great looking pens. I like the "bark" on the antler too, and usually strive for that same effect, but not always with positive results like yours. And the finial -- I agree with the others -- simple but great idea, and refreshing to see something new that I don't remember seeing before using stock components.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Well Louis, I can see I need to hang out more with you and get some ideas ..... Great work as usual.......Did you drill the bullets yourself?

louie68

Louis did you glued the lower tube or soldier? Your pen looks very nice.
bullet tip was that also glued or soldier?

Top Bottom