Real Baby Gecko Lizard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jason_Burr

Jason_Burr

This was an unusual one. I found a dead baby gecko in my kitchen and decided to make a pen with him. Cast in Royal Palm Resin and turned by Barry Vandergriff.

a_gecko.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jason_Burr

Hey Timber. Yes the baby gecko I found fresh then let him mummify for a few weeks before casting (lizards have a pretty low moisture content and dry out rather well). As for seahorses I get them already dry they are really just exoskeletons and very hard and brittle (so not easy to work). Funny enough they smell like fish food when worked lol. I have done some other reptiles as well and those were already dry. For those it was a much longer process as I had to rehydrate them to mount then let them dry out again before casting (taking months).

Bob in SF

Fine work, Jason!

My wife saw your pen and immediately ordered a 6' long man-and-tube-in silicone mold. She's re-watching "The Mummy" to figure out drying time. I'm slightly more honored than concerned.

She hopes to enter it into various forum categories, and hopes for a shot at the Guinness Book.

JohnU

The gecko looks good on that background color. I've done a few baby scorpions like that and know how hard it can be to manipulate a dried item like that without breaking them. Nice job.

Timber Ripper

Fine work, Jason!

My wife saw your pen and immediately ordered a 6' long man-and-tube-in silicone mold. She's re-watching "The Mummy" to figure out drying time. I'm slightly more honored than concerned.

She hopes to enter it into various forum categories, and hopes for a shot at the Guinness Book.

She may want to consider casting ashes in stead :eek:... Much much cheaper.

magpens

Jason,

What a fine idea for preserving that cute little guy !!!

Please contact me if you ever want to sell such blanks.

magpens

Are you kidding, Bob ???? ... about not being concerned !

But then, if an entry in Guinness is a possibility ........

........ almost like a promise of immortality !

Top Bottom