Random PR mold question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kevrob

So, I finally decided to make a PR mold using acid cure silicon caulk. I went to the hardware store and didn't see anything labeled acid cure silicon, I even tried to look at the fine print on the tubes. Do I just need any bathroom caulking designed for areas where heavy moisture will be present (shower, sink, etc). Thanks and sorry for the silly question...

Kevin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Not acid cure but ACETIC cure as in the smell of vinegar. The curing of silicon caulk emits acetic acid which will smells like vinegar. You need Silicone caulk but not siliconized caulk.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PS: Have you read the casting article in the library by Richard Greenwald? Or, have you read the mold making article by Serge Delagnes?

So, I finally decided to make a PR mold using acid cure silicon caulk. I went to the hardware store and didn't see anything labeled acid cure silicon, I even tried to look at the fine print on the tubes. Do I just need any bathroom caulking designed for areas where heavy moisture will be present (shower, sink, etc). Thanks and sorry for the silly question...

Kevin

kevrob

Thanks Don. Sorry, Acetic cure was what I meant. I asked the guy at the store and he looked at me like I had a third head. And yes, I had both of those with me at the store and even showed him what the directions said.

kevrob

Great, thanks Dennis! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I figured it was best to ask, than buy the wrong thing and waste money I could have put towards a new pen kit! :cowboy:

Top Bottom