Random pen thought, Poker Chips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rickstef

Hi All,

As I was perusing the various pen dealers online, The poker banded Tapa from WoodPenPro came into view.

And the following thought occurred to me, using that pen kit as the base, how well would pokerchips stand up to turning.

And Googling I went, the conclusion I reached was, it is possible but all the fun coloring on the edges of the chips would be lost.
Or is there another way?

So could it be done, or am I just totally losing it?

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

Maybe instead of the actual chips you could find a few acrylics that were white, blue, red, purple whatever appears to be the appropriate colors?

Skye

Heh, that would be a bad idea. And by "bad" I don't mean: Yo man, that would be like so bad, man!

Here's the inside of real chips:

chip_cross_section.jpg

I think you'd be better off with maybe a black pen, using thin strips of pickboard material in chip colors (red white blue black) stacked somewhere in the blank. Hey, maybe you could take a playing card, wrap the tube with it so you see the blue or red designs on the backs of the cars, then cast it in resin?

spitfire

What about using the dollar amount (label)that goes on the chips, like $5.00---$10.00 etc and wrap a few of them around the tube and cast it clear. Or maybe use the cheap plastic red,white,blue chips from walmart.

Hayseedboy

I have been searching Harbor Freights site all night and could not find one chip stretcher! Sheesh. Ewe'd think that they would have that on the same page as all of the other stretchers.

Oh well.

I really like the sanding it down and wrapping the tube like the circuit board. If'n ya got them thin enough you might wrap with two or three colors for the lenght of the pen blank. Sounds kinda fun.

lr

Top Bottom