ran out of wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from emtmike

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

Ran out of things to turn the other day so I went rooting around the shop. What I found was some left over pressure treated railings from my deck. Its kind of plain but the guy who lives next to us is a contractor who builds decks. He grabbed it. I made another.

2007228235947_small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oahunative

Take a ride to a home building site and pull some OSB from the dumpster, really makes great looking pens. Plus, all the construction guys will want to buy them.

jthompson1995

Blasphemy! I can't beleive you ran out of wood![:D][}:)] Be careful with PT lumber, it can be nasty stuff if it gets in your lungs. If you PM me your address I'll send you some blanks to keep you busy for a little bit.[;)] My wife will probably be happy to see some of it leave (but we all know it's just to make room for more[}:)]).

Dario

Mike,

Next time you are running low...don't hesitate to let us know. As Jason said...some of us need to clean up a bit anyway [;)]

i'll jump on the "if you need blanks" wagon. i'll share the stuff i have also. i've been given fun stuff from alot of other turners. just ask anytime. also have a great supply of olive wood. great pen.

laurie

Sylvanite

Originally posted by Russb
<br />I second the caution about turning pressure treated lumber. It can be very bad for you lungs.
Yes, pressure-treated wood contains (amongst other things) arsenic. So, the sawdust is even more toxic than other woods. Be extremely careful with it.

Regards,
Eric

Draken

Hope you put a good sealing finish on it, I don't think I'd want to be handling PT wood all day when writing, especially if my hands started getting sweaty.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom