Racing Joke

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Subject: Racing Marital Problem......

Johnny had decided to tie the knot with his long-time girlfriend.
One Saturday morning soon after their honeymoon, he was mounting tires and getting ready to load his race car.
His wife was standing there at the shop door watching him and after a long period of silence, she finally speaks. "Honey, I've been thinking. Now that we are married, I think it's time you quit racing and sell your race car, trailer and stuff."
Johnny gets this horrified look on his face.
She says, "Darling, what's wrong?"
"There for a minute you were sounding like my ex-wife."
"Ex-wife!" she screams, "I didn't know you were married before!"
"I wasn't!"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

My wife, who is extremely accommodating to my pen stuff, still says occasionally, "Why don't you sell that old metal lathe (Atlas Craftsman 12 x 32") in the garage?"

I reply that it was only $200 and that I have used it a couple of times, though not recently. "Well, it's just sitting there, if you're not going to use it, you might as well get rid of it."

My response, "It was only $200! I'll never find another one that cheap when I would need it again."

(We have a couple of old sewing machines, unused, in the basement. But that is a completely different story and standard.:question:)

KenV

My wife, who is extremely accommodating to my pen stuff, still says occasionally, "Why don't you sell that old metal lathe (Atlas Craftsman 12 x 32") in the garage?"

I reply that it was only $200 and that I have used it a couple of times, though not recently. "Well, it's just sitting there, if you're not going to use it, you might as well get rid of it."

My response, "It was only $200! I'll never find another one that cheap when I would need it again."

(We have a couple of old sewing machines, unused, in the basement. But that is a completely different story and standard.:question:)

I do not count sewing machines nor looms. She does not count lathes or lathe assemblies.

5 decades and counting.

Woodchipper

Shoes, purses, clothes? I can't complain though. SWMBO buys on sale a tthe discount stores- Kohl's Burke's, etc. Did some calculating yesterday- she has put up with me for a bit over 69% of her life.

Last edited:

stonepecker

We say nothing about each others hobbies. There were a few times when I had to explain to her that having several, of the same tool, is important. And she has had to explain to me why having different spools of thread, the same color, is important.

Came home one time, with an empty (damaged) casket and she said, "What are you going to do with that?" I looked at her and said "Give me ****, one more time, and you will find out what I am going to do with that!"

She said the color of the casket brought out the sparkle in my eyes.
We both agree that somethings are not worth any discussion. Life is to short.

Top Bottom