Quick bolt action review

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just received some bolt action kits from Timberbits and I did a quick comparison to PSI kits.
The upper bolt action section on PSI is 1.746 long and Timberbits is 1.757, the nib from psi is 2.059 and Timberbits is 2.078. The tube from psi was 1.973 and 1.924 from Timberbits making the difference in total length of .019 with psi the
longer. Both nib sections were the same finished diameter but Timberbits bolt section was .005 larger than psi, .472 and .467.

You can relocate the bolt the same on both the only exterior difference is no writing on the Timberbit kit around the bolt action top. Just holding the bolt sections the psi felt a little heavier but it also had the black titanium plating compared to chrome from Timberbits.

Hope this is helpful.
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dwarmbrodt

What is the clip like? The PSI uses a bolt action rifle, others use a lever action. That drives me crazy (short trip) as the lever gun uses a rimmed cartridge, and the pen kit uses a rimless cartridge. Dont match each other...

Yes they are less expensive than PSI and the shipping is fast. I placed my order last Thursday and received it Monday, that a lot quicker than a lot of suppliers in the USA>

Jgrden

Yes they are less expensive than PSI and the shipping is fast. I placed my order last Thursday and received it Monday, that a lot quicker than a lot of suppliers in the USA>
Dang, I was just getting ready to order so I am going to do business with Timberbits instead. Just in time, thank you. !!!!!

Top Bottom