questions before I buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarrenM

So I want to move to the next logical step and start doing my own stabilizing and casting.

My question is will a single chamber such as this one
AZCRZ_00002_1.JPG
be able to do both allumalite casting with molds as well as stabilizing with like cactus juice? (I know I have to attach a vacuum pump to it)

any good places to order a pressure tank?

plantman

So I want to move to the next logical step and start doing my own stabilizing and casting.

My question is will a single chamber such as this one
AZCRZ_00002_1.JPG
be able to do both allumalite casting with molds as well as stabilizing with like cactus juice? (I know I have to attach a vacuum pump to it)

any good places to order a pressure tank?

:eek: Warren; When you use vacuum to stabilize, the vacuum holds the lid tight to your container and you need no clamps. When you use pressere to force out air and replace it with casting material you are using about 70psi of pressure. Looking at your photo, I see no clamps on your pots. Am I missing something ?? Jim S

WarrenM

Ok....sorry I am new to this and not quite sure what to buy. Is it possible to do both resin casting and stabilizing in the same setup? I had thought both were done under a vacuum but I take it casting is done under pressure? I have a good air compressor, so would I just need a clamping top chamber and then the vacuum unit?

Top Bottom