QUESTION ON SHAVING KIT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulDoug

PaulDoug

I'm working on a shaving kit. I'm wondering what you do on the razor handle. The little threaded rod that goes through the handle looks to me like it needs something to hold it centered in the brass tube. Does it? Is there a problem with the threated ends working loose and the turned handle moving off center?

Hope my question is understand able.

elody21

Anthony T sells complete razor hardware kits. I believe it is the same head although the rod is longer and attaches to another piece of decorative chrome at the end of the handle. On this one the threaded rod goes all the way through the blank.
I assume yours has a threaded rod so there is no need for the manufactures to make two different heads.This is just a guess.
The rod will unscrew from the head. A least the one I have does.
I think if I ever get just the head I would make a jig to accept the screw then glue the rod into the blank I am using and then screw into the jig. Of course the jig then goes into a chuck.Just a thought.
If you want to see the other type check out. Other Things We Make I think the one I made is a couple pages back.

Alice

PenMan1

This doesn't really answer your question, but the Berea razor sets have no rods to deal with. There are four parts in the kit: a 7mm tube, top trim ring with threads, bottom trim ring with no threads, and the razor head. Of course, if you want to make a "closed end" razor the bottom trim piece is not used and can be drilled and threaded to make an extra "top" trim ring.

I buy these at Bear Tooth Woods in lots of 21 for $8.50 each. Arizona Silohuette aso has them at $11, but the Arizona kits come with one Mach III blade.

I make these sets very quickly as I sell a lot of them. They are far quicker to make than dealing with the rod. IMHO, the finish on the Berea also looks better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom