Question on perfume pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob A

Stopped by Woodcraft this weekend and bought some perfume pens. In the package there is what seems to me to be some sort of absorbtion tube. It is not in the instructions anywhere. My question is, should this be in the perfume pen? It seems logical that it should. But upon further thinking, if it is used, doesn't that limit the customer to using only one brand of perfume in the pen? I have eight of these ready to assemble but am holding off for the input of the pros.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If by tube you are referring to a white wick, it goes into the pen body. This holds the perfume much like a wick for a Zippo. The applicator is then inserted into the brass opening. Hope this helps.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
IIRC without digging out my instructions, the pen can be cleaned by wicking rubbing alcohol into the pen and letting it evaporate before changing perfume.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
On the same subject, are the wick perfume pens more popular than the atomizer ones? I have not made any, and would like to get the "right" kit to start as I have enough bushings already to keep me terminally confused.

arioux

Hi,

I'm not the mnost experience guy around but since i start turning, last january, i have made mabe 15 pens and over 50 perfume pens and still people are asking me for some more. It's the only thing i manage to sell so far but it's working great for me. They are very popular and make great gift. The advantage of the pen applicator over the atomizer is that it won't leak in the ladies purse.

Alfred

Randy_

The atomizer kit that I bought from PSI is not of very good quality. Don't know whether other manufactures have better kits or whether they are all the same. One day I may put it together just to see how it works; but I suspect it is going to be a waste of time?? The perfume pens are just fine!!

Bob A

I took one perfume pen into work today to show off and in two minutes had orders for five of them. That has never happened with my pens. As far as the atomizer, I don't know anything about them, but these perfume pens seem like a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom