Question about satin platings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

So, I have been following other threads related to the durability and market/penturner reaction to chrome, gold, Gold Ti, Black Ti, <insert plating type here>.

I rarely see the satin platings mentioned or shown in the SOYP forum. Then I started to ponder the advantages/disadvantages of satin plating (this is when I start to get dangerous... :biggrin:).

I have two questions regarding satin platings:

1) What makes the satin version different from the shiny version and does it affect the durability to any great degree?

2) (I know this may be a bit off topic in this forum) Does anyone have thoughts/experience regarding customer preference with regards to the look/durability of the satin vs. shiny platings?

Have a great weekend!
Michael

StuartCovey

Hmm, I didn't notice any quality difference with all the satin pens I've worked with versus shiny finishes. Satin is... well satin. It has a slight texture to it versus being perfectly smooth and does not have any shine to it.
I have not noticed a big difference with customer preference, but since there are so many different shiny finishes its hard to compare with only two satin finishes (I only know of satin pearl and satin gold, correct me if I'm wrong though)
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom