question about Classic Roller Ball Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all, I have put the spring in the end cap and the ink cartridge as it came out of the package into the turned short barrel but I cannot screw up the end cap so that it holds the cartridge in place and the nib is showing through nicely so I know it is fully seated. hope this helps, and yes I have downloaded the instructions guys.
what am I doing wrong or what have i done wrong this is the first time I have turned a roller ball pen.
Please help
Regards Mervyn

2008329204422_Classic%20Roller%20Kit.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi in the kit are a short barrel and a long barrel and in the plans they show the upper blank the longest blank and this is where I have turned the tenon I'm annoyed cos I have turned the pen out of buck eye burl and it really looks nice have I done wrong and is there a way over this.
Regards Mervyn

toolcrazy

On the classic American, the short tube is the cap and the long tube is the body of the pen. Easy to mix them up, but that would explain why the roller ball refill won't fit. You have the tubes mixed up.

fernhills

I don`t know,strange,on the classic American roller ball from PSI i almost scr#%#ed it up. On the gold they have the tubes the same size lower and upper barrels. ON the satin they have one short and one long,i thought i was going nuts,till i looked at all the kits,i have 10 gold and 10 satin and thats the way they are. I have pics of the two types gold and satin to show ya they are different. Carl

Top Bottom