question about charities

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mtgrizzly52

Is it too late?

Mike, is it too late to offer a few more pens? I'd like to donate a Wall Street II for an adult, and two euros, one for a boy and one for a girl. I've been building fly rods for a couple of charities the past couple of years (cancer patients), and I would love to participate in a giving program that deals with kids.

Please let me know right away.

Thanks!

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Munsterlander

Not too late, Rick - any extras will just go to kids supported out of the same office or the nearby northern Va office that would have gone to the 2nd week (Ian always went to the first, but knew plenty of kids that went to the second and just lived around on the Va side of the beltway). Thanks, very much appreciated!

-Mike

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Mike, where am I sending these pens?
Forget it, I found your address and they are on the way.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Mike , I apoligize , I totally missed this thread until tonight . Looks like you still need pens for the staff . If Im correct , and still have time , let me know . Would Black Ti Cigars be OK ? I can make a few .

Munsterlander

Chuck, any and all contributions greatly appreciated and will be used, and there is still plenty of time. Thanks!

Mudpuppie, Rick1708 and Russianwolf - yours all arrived today - thanks!!

Munsterlander

update

The picnic for the kids was moved to the weekend of Sept 25 - which, coincidentally, is the one weekend this fall that I'm scheduled to be out of town. My sister is going to deliver the pens to the kids.

I'll post pics of all the pens received soon (need stronger lights), but for now here's the one I made for the camp director who recently retired - she was the director the entire time Ian was at camp (maybe 15 years?), including one year where she was recovering from breast cancer surgery and another when her husband passed away - just a fantastic woman.

Like so many others, I can't say enough about the generosity of folks on this forum.

More later,
Mike

Attachments

• Maj Jr Asian Redwood Burl 2.jpg
    Maj Jr Asian Redwood Burl 2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Maj Jr Asian Redwood Burl.jpg
    Maj Jr Asian Redwood Burl.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom