question about bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

How interchangable are bushings from one company to another? For example, the designer twist pen from Pens Of Color looks very similar to Woodcraft's European style pen but is much less expensive. I have the bushings for the Woodcraft pen. Could I use them with the POC pen? I hate to keep buying bushings when I don't need to.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
G

Bushings? what are bushings?
Only kidding.Everything I have read says to use the same bushings from the same supplier.
That being said,I switch betwwen Woodcraft slimlines because I have left over kits, and PSI.
I honestly don't remember which bushings came from where.
Probably the best thing to do is mike the fitting the bushings fits and check between the different suppliers.
Some of the Woodcraft kits come from Berea I don't know who else supplies to whom.

jwoodwright

Some bushings will not interchange. Best to stay with same supplier for mandrell and bushings. I have three different mandrells, Berea, Penn State, Craft supplies. I also have plenty of bushings. I use labeled plastic bags to keep track.[:D]

wayneis

For the most part, bushings are only meant to get you close to the correct size. You should always use calipers if you want to be exact. The bushings for the euros should be pretty close and should be good enough to get you close enough to get out the calipers for a good fit.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom