Quandary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Mr. Toad, a pompous blowhard who pontificates endlessly on subjects of which he has no knowledge? Wow, this is a tough one. Let me think, did Mr. Toad have a mustache? I wonder if his motor cars had acrylic bodies? Surely he knew how to make copies of these motor cars. Certainly Mr Toad thought he was a sharp individual whose ideas never went askew. Wow, this one is tough. I am really scratching my head and just cannot come up with a member to be Mr. Toad. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey Ed?

Is this what's referred to as " knocking you down a peg ow two" ? 'Cause I think you just got knocked to the floor and kicked into a hole.

Thanks Cav, I needed a good laugh and it's nice to know that I was not in your line of fire.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Skiprat,

oh........Skiprat

Where do you suppose he went?????????? (asked the Toad)

Scott, the mole lives in a hole, the toad just plays in the mud-you oughta know I can handle myself in a mud-slinging group (No reference to your site or IAP).[;)][;)][;)]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
See Ed, thats what happens when you cause trouble. I do believe that Will slapped your ears harder than mine. Wait a minute, do rotund reptiles even have ears?[:D][}:)][:D]

PS; Good on you for upping the ante in the auction[;)][}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Quote from UK survey of amphibians:

"This is a volunteer survey, targeting the nationally widespread amphibians â€" the great crested newt, smooth newt, palmate newt, common toad and common frog. The purpose of this survey is to provide robust assessments of their conservation status. To do this, we need to survey a representative sample of ponds across the UK in a systematic and repeatable way. By repeating the survey over time, we aim to monitor trends in the status of our widespread amphibians".

While "rotund reptile" has a poetic ring, I am sorry to inform you that your national census will be distorted if you reclassify the toad from its erstwhile status as an amphibian!

Now! Regarding Mr. Cavanaugh's "slapping" me: THAT was a puny poke!!
Cav is capable of FAR BETTER, when he is awake and alert (which, I agree, IS a rare occasion.)

Skiprat: (serious for a moment) We look forward to continuing to include you in our "light-hearted" jabbing. Just rest assured that WE come with pretty thick skins and hope you have one too. Neither of us ever means to OFFEND anyone - particularly NOT our EUROPEAN friends - seems Americans have a hard time KEEPING FRIENDS in Europe!!! I'd like to change that "one person at a time!"

<b>Back to foolishness!</b>[:D][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by skiprat
<br />Ed, check your in box for copy of card[}:)][:D]

It's your 'translations' that got me into this mess in the first place

To everyone else: The CARD was GREAT!!!!!!!! However, not suitable for the site.

To Skiprat: EXCELLENT judgement!!!!! Kept the IAP "kid-friendly".
THANKS!!!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I am totally confused. I never mentioned Ed's name in my narrative. What led Mudder to leap to such a conclusion is totally beyond me. Every one knows the regard in which I hold Mr. Copies. [:0]

Mini poll, not in right forum: Should we continue with the theme of suggesting IAP members to be part of the cast of characters in my favorite book?

No, it is not in the correct format for a poll either. I am aware of that.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br /> Mr Toad thought he was a sharp individual whose ideas never went askew. Wow, this one is tough. I am really scratching my h<b>E</b>a<b>D</b> and just cannot come up with a member to be Mr. Toad. Suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW, yes, I know that I would be one of the weasels!!!!

Good night all.

I believe I figurred out where Scott got that impression, Cav.

<center><b>Oh, BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!</b></center>

SHARP is a competitor, I NEVER refer to myself that way.
(I am BRIGHT, WITTY and very HUMBLE)

wdcav1952

Uh, Ed, I seem to remember the mention of a sharp skew somewhere in your ramblings. Anyway, now I see where you might have gotten the idea.

(I am BRIGHT, WITTY and very HUMBLE) As to this quote from you, I am calling my dear friend Meatloaf to see if he will rewrite his song, changing the title to "None Out of Three is Pretty Bad." (From the original Bat Out of Hell album.0 [;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />my dear friend Meatloaf to see if he will rewrite his song, changing the title to "None Out of Three is Pretty Bad." [;)]

I didn't know you and Meatloaf were close!!!

Hook up at a weightwatchers meeting, did you?????[:(!][:(!][:(!]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Badger? May I ask what kind of product you smoke to enjoy such nonesense? Does one pill really make you larger and the other pill make you small? Let's get small. And can you still find paradise by the dashboard light? Does anyone remember the subject of this thread? Does anyone really know what time it is? Is it 25 or 6 to 4? Help! I've fallen into the 60's-70's and I can't get up![8D]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Badger? May I ask what kind of product you smoke to enjoy such nonesense? Does one pill really make you larger and the other pill make you small? Let's get small. And can you still find paradise by the dashboard light? Does anyone remember the subject of this thread? Does anyone really know what time it is? Is it 25 or 6 to 4? Help! I've fallen into the 60's-70's and I can't get up![8D]

What if 6 turned out to be 9?

I don't mind, I don't mind.

Ahhh Jimi, you left us way too young.

wdcav1952

Lou, I rest my case after reading your post. [:D]

I can't help it, I have a few more characters:

<b>Now the gaoler had a daughter, a pleasant wench and good-hearted</b>. I ask you, is there a better description of our angboy Angela anywhere?

Then, there is the horse-trading gypsy. Sounds like a lawyer to me. The gypsy definitely was a GemGo I would say.

And finally, a mystery character. The Chief Stoat made a post today [:D][}:)][:D]

Ed, I would imagine the song your granny sang to you was a Carly Simon tune, perhaps "You're So Vain" [:eek:)][:eek:)]

mdburn_em

I hope this isn't a private sandbox. You guys are playing so nicely.

Ed is like a crack dealer. Just when you've been to rehab and have gotten control of your addiction (that he created), he comes out with more, new, better stuff.

Wood lovers...run, run away. He will get you addicted to. Save yourselves, get out while it's not too late.

Good Lord, Ed those are nice.

Please, please, please tell me you have some of each of the bottom picture left.

By the way, you can only hope Ed will get your order lost. Ed on a guilt trip plus free and gorgeous blanks = YOU [:D][:D][:D]

angboy

<br />I can't help it, I have a few more characters:

<b>Now the gaoler had a daughter, a pleasant wench and good-hearted</b>. I ask you, is there a better description of our angboy Angela anywhere?

Aww... thanks Cav. The good-hearted part makes me sound sweet[:X] but the wench part makes me sound naughty[}:)]! I like the combo!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />You are good, Angela!! That was the intent. [;)]

'Bye all, I will be away for the week so someone protect me from Mr. Toad, uh Ed. [}:)][;)]

<center><b>ANOTHER</b> VACATION???????!!!!</center>

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by UKpenmaker
<br />Excellent work there Ed, the Cobalt is very striking indeed, did you have to colour the tubes at all[?].

Andrew,

Cobalt, briar and the white horn are opaque. Jade is "see-through".
Ivory is usually opaque, but I use white tubes cause I have them (I pre-paint white and black, for stock) Onyx is also USUALLY opaque enough, but I am chicken, so I paint.

Hope this helps.[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by mdburn_em
<br />I hope this isn't a private sandbox. You guys are playing so nicely.

Ed is like a crack dealer. Just when you've been to rehab and have gotten control of your addiction (that he created), he comes out with more, new, better stuff.

Wood lovers...run, run away. He will get you addicted to. Save yourselves, get out while it's not too late.

Good Lord, Ed those are nice.

Please, please, please tell me you have some of each of the bottom picture left.

By the way, you can only hope Ed will get your order lost. Ed on a guilt trip plus free and gorgeous blanks = YOU [:D][:D][:D]

Mark,

I DO have some of the lower pictured materials left!!!!!

Seriously, tho, the Jade NEEDS a nice green tube - I am still working on getting one I REALLY like. The rest of the "lower" ones are pretty forgiving.

Try them, but be prompt. I ordered LOTS of kinds, but not a LOT of any ONE kind, until I see what "moves".

GaryMGg

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Badger? May I ask what kind of product you smoke to enjoy such nonesense? Does one pill really make you larger and the other pill make you small? Let's get small. And can you still find paradise by the dashboard light? Does anyone remember the subject of this thread? Does anyone really know what time it is? Is it 25 or 6 to 4? Help! I've fallen into the 60's-70's and I can't get up![8D]

What if 6 turned out to be 9?

I don't mind, I don't mind.

Ahhh Jimi, you left us way too young.

Aaargh! Now y'all have gone and done it. I'm gonna hear Axis in my head all day -- that's probably gonna take me down a long road leading to Sugar Magnolia and y'all who are Friends of the Devil [:D]

Guess I'll open another window and head over to
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com for a little trip back into the sound time machine.

Gotta go, seems the white knight is talking backward ....
[;)]

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom